Duties, Requirements and Qualities of a Domestic Worker
Positions are open to potential workers who would like to work in aged care but don't have a relevant qualification in aged care.
● Domestic Assistance - Tasks such as cleaning, vacuuming, laundry, changing bed linen and dusting.
● Meal Preparations - Helping with preparing proper meals such as breakfast and lunch, lighter meals and snacks.
● Food Shopping - Assisting clients with shopping for food and groceries.
● Social Support - Accompanying clients to appointments, social events, going for walks, taking clients for coffee, and general socialising.
● Transportation - Supporting clients by driving them to appointments and other engagements.
Requirements for a Domestic Worker:
- You must provide an up-to-date resume including your phone number, email address, and suburb of residence.
- Drivers licence (WA C-Class, International, or Green Provisional P-Plates)
- Reliable access to a vehicle or own your own car
MUST BE WIILING TO OBTAIN
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- First-Aid Training (Care Community can organise this for you)
- Police Clearance (Care Community can organise this for you)
- Covid 19 Vaccinations (Minimum 2 doses)
- Flu Vaccination
- Candidates must be able to read, write and communicate in basic English to converse with clients, team members, record information and understand client case notes.
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Community Services or similar. Other relevant or higher qualifications in Aged Care, Disability, Health or Medicine can be considered for working in Home Care.
ADDITIONAL COMPLIANCE (Optional)
- NDIS clearance
- Manual Handling
- Medication Competency
- Working With Children's Check
Qualities of a Home Care Worker
Good people skills - kind, empathetic and respectful
Good English communication skills (To be able to read, write and speak in English effectively)
Good time management
Ability to drive confidently in Perth Metro area
Able to work independently
Physically fit with the ability to complete practical tasks like personal care and/or cleaning
To know more about how we can support Home Care Providers please contact email@example.com
Care Community provides registered candidates with advice, compliance and training support to be employable to Home Care Providers. Care Community cannot guarantee candidates will be employed by Home Care Providers.
For more information contact Care Community on firstname.lastname@example.org